So why a blog on David Bowie? Besides the obvious — I enjoy his music — I admire Bowie for these reasons, and they are what I will discuss in future posts.
- He loves learning, and he cherishes opportunities to share what has enriched his life. He reads.
- He is a seriously spiritual man.
- He is generous with his talents and wealth.
- He was at the very least a good-enough, and likely much better than that, parent to his son, in spite of being poorly prepared and situated to be so. (And I expect that in the future we will see he has been a great father to his daughter.)
- He is courageous.
- He survived. He came about as close to destroying himself as a man can, but he stopped his fall into the abyss, found something firm to cling to, and clawed his way back to safety. Then he moved on.